Blog Archive




Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Harry Woods...

At work today I was helping an elderly woman in a wheel chair find pillowcases. After we had finished, I was pushing her towards the front to find her husband. We were chatting when she spotted him.

"Harry!" She said as loud as she could.

He walked a little bit farther to our left out of our view and he poked his head around the center pillar checking to make sure that he had actually heard his name. When he saw that he HAD heard his name he came out from behind the pillar walking towards us as he looked only at his wife. With a smile on his old face...

It made me think. Will I have a husband that will smile when he sees me? Even when I can't walk without a walker/cane/wheelchair? Even when my hair is grey and my skin is wrinkled and droopy? When my teeth aren't real and I can pop them out to scare my grandchildren? Will he smile and tell me I look beautiful, even when I am on my death bed? Will he kiss my tender hands when he knows how bad they ache?

...Just thinking I guess.

Nee Nee

No comments:

Post a Comment